Monday, August 27, 2012

The Lonely Goddessian

As a Goddess Centric Neo-pagan I'm a minority in a minority religious community.  It's not uncommon for Neo-pagans of any kind to be a solitary out of necessity.  One of the saving graces for Neo-pagans in this situation is the online pagan community.  They may be the only Neo-pagan they know in their everyday personal life, but at the least they can log in online and find many people all over the world who share their beliefs, people who are of the same mind.  While it is no subsitute for face to face interaction it can help sooth the loneliness often felt by the solitary.

When it comes to both the online and offline Goddess Worshiping Community, I often feel like I came too late to the party.  I see the evidence that there once was something more out there.  I see blogs and discussion boards that haven't been updated in years, and I wished I had discovered them when they were in their hay day.  I don't believe that the Goddess Community is dead.  I does seem like it still very much alive in some areas.  Z Budapest is still offering teaching via online on her website, and I have come across a few websites of Goddess Temples and Churches.  I just seems like for someone like me who doesn't have the funds to pay for entry into an online Goddess school, or doesn't live in a major city it's pretty easy to find oneself feeling like the lone and lonely Goddessian.  And unlike more mainstream binary Neo-pagans it does seem like the peak of the online Goddess community has past. 

As much as the critics of Goddess Centric Worship love to scream about the "harm" we bring to paganism, we are very much a minority.  For every Goddess Centric Pagan there are many more preaching the "need" of balance "obtained" through the observation of the God/Goddess binary.  I do long to come into contact with women, and even men who see the Goddess as I see here, Complete and Whole into Herself.  Pagans who are not going to call what I do unbalanced, pagans who aren't going to lecture me about the "need" for the God in my practice.

This is why I created this blog, as a way to reach out the the Goddess Community.  A way to get my views out as a Pagan Minority to the world in general.  Any maybe a way to let  any other Goddessians wandering alone out there know that they aren't the only ones.

5 comments:

  1. Great new blog. Good on you for doing it. Im a male based in England and feel more or less how you describe yourself. I feel no affinity to god/s so base by path purely on a goddess centred one. In particular to the Morgen of Avalon. Anyway, just a comment to let you know that your words are appreciated. All the best, Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another solo Goddessian here and glad to find your blog....hope you, too, haven't given up and gone away....I understand your "too late for the party" feeling. Would so like to interact with others who lead a Goddess-centered spiritual (and physical) life. Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are on Facebook you are welcome to join our Goddessian Group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/125430724315958/125760690949628/?notif_t=group_comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I have been for lack of a better word a "Goddessian". I too find that working polarities seems to make them more polarized. I learned and live a whole Goddess path. But as you said it is very lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I republish this on my Wordpress site?

    ReplyDelete